Thankfulness—Day #5

Yesterday at work, we had a “suspicious package” scare. Turned out that it was only a briefcase that a kid had brought in on Friday for a project; it was probably at the school all weekend, but no one noticed. 

 

We had the “fun” of first loading into the gym. Then we went to class. Then we were evacuated.  (All of this was done on the advice of local law enforcement and the bomb squad.)

 

Finally, after TWO hours of being outside in the wind and cold on the metal seats of the stadium bleachers, we were released to go back into the school and have a “normal” day.

 

It was far more interesting than it should have been, but in these days and times….. well, you never know what *could* have been in the briefcase.

 

So, today, I’m thankful for the men and women who put their lives on the line for me every day. They work as part of local law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs. They also serve as part of the US Military. Every chance I get, and I try to get the Princess to do it too, we shake hands with someone in the military (especially if they are in uniform). We tell them “Thank You for Serving Our Country”. For day #5 of Thankfulness, I am thankful for the men and women who serve and protect so I can live the life that I have.

Comments

Lynne said…
I have had the privilege of working with our military for years, and feel it is such an honor. Love that you are teaching your daughter to show such gratitude and trust me it does make a difference for that individual on the receiving end. God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money