Writing and Baseball

If I want to write over the summer, I need to find clients now.  Why is it that I am having such a hard time bringing myself to apply for these positions? 

 

I see jobs that I can do.  I know that I can do it. I put the jobs on my “watch list”.  Then I watch them until they have been taken by other people. I just need to work up the courage to apply for the jobs I know I can do.  I may see if I can work for the people I wrote for last summer.  If so, I could totally make some serious money this summer.

 

I found out yesterday that my oldest nephew made the JV baseball team at his school.  I also found out that he plays his first game today against the school where I work. 

 

So….what’s any good aunt to do?  I’m going to go back to watch him play after I pick up the Princess at school and drop off the other girls from carpool.  Then, at 5:30, I’m going to work the ticket gate.  It only makes sense to get paid if I am going to be there….right? 

 

So…  although the Bulls pay the bills, GO SPIDERS!

Comments

Lynne said…
Eventually, I want to pick up part time work with technical writing. I've been reading up on some of the "how to" break in this niche market. I work a very demanding career right now though, but have thought about starting to get my feet wet in the business. I'm about five years out from when I may retire, but doesn't mean I'll be able to afford to retire, lol. Lots of promises, but like you...I need to start applying and going after it. Best wishes,

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money