My Weekend Thoughts

I had planned to say something about the ban on travel that President Trump put into place over the weekend.

I had planned to say something about the anniversary of Trayvon Martin's death and what his parents are now doing to help us remember him.

I had planned to talk about a lot of things that happened nationally over the weekend. However.... I have decided that it's not time for me to talk about that yet. It's time for me to talk about what happened to my family over the weekend.


First....

On Friday, the Princess had an ear infection. We know this because the stuff was draining from her ear. She has a hole in her right ear drum from when she had tubes from age 2-6. (It wouldn't come out and they had to go back in to get it. It left a hole.)

Anyways, I dropped her off at school and called the doctor. They told me they didn't have anything available for us to come in on Friday. I wasn't very happy (or polite) when I asked them why they even tell people to call for appointments when they are sick. They took my name and number and about 10 minutes later, they called me back with an appointment time.  I had to check the Princess out of school early because they couldn't see her after school.

I took her. We waited. Doc came in. He asked why we were there.  I told him she has an ear infection. He looked at it. Agreed. Then told me that because she gets infections so often, they don't want her to have antibiotics every time. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That was nuts!  How does it go away?  We can just let it work itself out so she doesn't become immune to the antibiotics. (I understand the philosophy here, but still!!!)

Anyways.... she's healing up nicely now.


Second....

I sang on the Praise Team at church!!  I haven't done this in 3 years!  I was so excited!  It went pretty well!  I can't wait to do it again!


Third....

We watched the WWE Royal Rumble at my dad's house. My brother was there. Only 1 of the matches turned out the way *I* wanted it to!!!  However.... I can't be too upset about the fact that Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble because he's awesome!


Fourth....

When you only have 5 kids in your children's church class, the parents look at you like you are NUTS when you tell them you have BIG plans.  This year, we are filling 500 stockings with toiletries for families. We are going to need help with that, but (like I said before) I'll give more information when I have it.  I'm hoping to be able to share a website with updates for the progress of that project!


Fifth....

We are doing VBS at our church this year! I'm heading that up too! WOW! I have 138 days until that starts! I am so excited!  We have picked the program.  Now... I just have to get all the volunteers and supplies together!  We can do this! God's got this!



I think that is all that happened to me this weekend.....  if not.... well..... I'll tell you about it later.



What did you do this weekend? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money