A Toilet in the Road

Obviously, I wish I had a picture of this. If I had not been driving the car, I WOULD have a picture of it.

After leaving my parents' house on August 19, I went my new usual way home. (The easy way is detoured. They are taking out 2 bridges at the same time; therefore, I get to drive the scenic route to get everywhere!)

Anyways, there is one really busy, very big intersection between my house and my parents' (a few smaller ones too!). I got stopped at the light. There were 2-3 cars in front of me, all going straight.

I noticed that everyone was going slowly through the light, but I couldn't see anything.

I saw the white SUV 2 cars in front of me go up on the curb to get through. It looked like he had tried to turn into on-coming traffic and then changed his mind. Then the car in front of me changed lanes, and I saw it.

A TOILET!!

It was busted. The bowl was almost in-tact, but the rest was in chunks. So I, too, had to drive almost up on the curb to pass it.

I was headed to the CVS anyways. I pulled in and called the non-emergency police number. I said, "I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell you this, but I just have to report that there is a toilet in the road." I was laughing, but the lady who answered sounded annoyed, since I'm sure 20 other people had reported it also.

When I left CVS, the officers had arrived and were directing traffic around the toilet.

For a week-and-a-half, the broken toilet stayed on the grass on the side of the road.

The joke (in our car as we drove by every day) was that no one wanted to be chosen to clean the public toilet!   (Yes! We are weird, but we thought it was funny!)


What's the weirdest thing YOU have ever seen in the road (or on the side of the road)???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money