Getting Old Really Stinks

A couple of weeks ago, m right thumb started hurting. Progressively over those weeks, it has gotten worse.

More tender.

More red.

More swollen.

Finally, on Friday, I was learning to become a lefty because I couldn't move my thumb without pain shooting up my right arm.

My mommy, THANKS MOM, made me go to the doctor. We weren't in there more than an hour, but I came out with a diagnosis of arthritis and inflammation. (The inflammation has a really long 3 word name, but I can't remember it.)

I'm in an "awesome" brace on my thumb and up my wrist. Doc said to wear it 4-6 weeks.  Mom and I both looked at her and said, "FOUR TO SIX WEEKS?!?!"

I'm on medication for the inflammation.

I really didn't realize everything that my thumb does.... until I can't move it to do things.... like hit the space bar!

What would you miss most about not being about to use one of your fingers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!