"Bucket List" for 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'm simply amazed that 2017 has ended and today begins 2018!

My motto for this year is "It's going to be great in 2-0-1-8!" (You have to say the numbers separately for it to sound right!)

Anyways, I made a list of goals for this year. Some of them are things I have done before, but I want to do again. Some of them are things I've never done, but I want to challenge myself.

I didn't make any RESOLUTIONS this year. I guess if I were to make one, it would be to do things that make me a better person, a happier person. 

I read somewhere, and shared with my Sunday School teens, that only 12% of people actually succeed in completing their New Year's Resolutions. It also said that about 1/3 of people never actually get started with them at all. That sounds bad, but the reason given for it is that if people say "I'm going to lose weight," but they don't put in the meal planning, correct grocery shopping, and daily working on it... they have no PLAN to do it.

So, this year, my goal is to try new (or old) things!

My 2018 "Bucket" (but not because I'm dying) List

1. Go ice skating
       I've never tried it. I'm pretty sure the best part is that when I fall, I will already have ice on whatever I hurt!

2. Enter a bowling tournament
      The Princess is in a youth bowling league. I am in an adult bowling league. I want to enter a bowling tournament.... just for fun.

3. Go Horseback riding
      I have done this a couple of times, but since I lost all the weight, I want to do it again.

4. Have one affiliate program
      I want to build my blog this year, so I want to join one affiliate program before the end of the year.

5. Walk/Run/Bike 2018 miles
      I need to get back in the gym on a consistent basis, and if I set this as my goal, I only have to do about 6 miles a day (since I didn't do my 5.5 today) to get to this in a year!

6. Do the Krispy Kreme Challenge at NC State
      They use this as a fundraiser. You pay to enter. You run/walk the 2+ miles to the Krispy Kreme off campus. Then you get a dozen doughnuts and run/walk back to campus. Although I could only eat about 1-2 bites of the doughnuts, I want to do this. We have been talking about it ever since we visited NC State a couple months ago!!

7. Complete a 5K
     I want to enter and complete a 5K. My goal (just like last time I did one) is NOT to be last! :)

8. Read 20 books.
      At the rate I read, this shouldn't be hard, but I will have to keep track of it!

9. Take a trip to Pigeon Forge
      Because of circumstances beyond our control, we did not make it to Tennessee over Christmas break! We are planning a trip in March when the youth from our church go up!

10. Audition for the Salisbury Symphony
     This one totally terrifies me!

11. Write EVERY day.
      I don't know that it will be on here, but I want to write SOMETHING somewhere every day!

12. Start my book.
      I have wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember. I think I finally have an idea, but I need to start writing it out....planning it.... to see if I can make it work!

13.  Learn a new skill--like guitar
      I have a guitar. Tony got if for me a few years ago. I need to learn to play it.

14. Go roller skating.
      I haven't done this since I was in high school, maybe. I want to do it again.... probably only once!

15. Try yoga/meditation.
      I want to try something new. These seem like activities that help to strengthen my body and calm my mind.

16. Enter something in the Cabarrus County Fair craft competition.
      Every year, I go to the fair and think, "Why didn't I submit something?" This year, my goal is to do just that!

17. Audition for The Voice 
       When they do auditions this year, I want to do it. If they don't chose me, I'm in the same place I am now..... NOT on The Voice. If they choose me.... WOW!

18. Build my Travel Agent Business
      I have been a travel agent for a couple of years now. I have booked travel for 2-3 people. I have used it for myself. Other than that, I haven't used it. I want to build my business to help other people be able to get great deals on travel.


Those are my 18 goals for 2018!

What goals do you have for 2018?? Share them in the comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money