Christmas Planning

Since it's still January (for one more day)--where did this month go already--I can still talk about Christmas...right?

Every year, I have HUGE plans for Christmas. I plan to get the inside and the outside decorated before December 1st!

This was the plan this year:
Tree--Black Friday
Shoppimg--Done my mid-December
Cleaning--Done so Christmas pictures look tidy
Decor--Inside and Outside by December 1st

What ACTUALLY happened:
Tree--December 22nd--lights, Angel, and tree skirt only (none of my awesome ornaments or garland)
Shopping--Finished on Christmas Eve (as is the normal around here)
Cleaning--most of the laundry was done and moved stuff so it wouldn't be in the pictures
Decor--Tree (partly), wreath on the door, no lights, no nativity, nothing shiny and bright

This bad because it was a little depressing. I felt rushed to get the tree/wreath up and down. It was NOT very festive at all.

It was also bad because I didn't feel the need to take many pictures of it.  I think I may have taken 2-3 on my camera, but none on my phone this year. 

This was good because we didn't have much to take down before New Year's Day. (We always try to get the decor down before Jan 1st so it brings in the new year "clean"!)

Were your decorations the same as normal or different this year?
How do you decorate for Christmas?
Did your Christmas go as planned?


Leave pictures/links to show how you decorated this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

When All Is Said And Done