It's Novemeber Already

Every year about this time, I realize that it's almost Thanksgiving. Then I notice that Christmas is only a month later with the new year following that.

You would think that I would have figured out that time was flying by, but I haven't. I keep getting blind-sided by it every year... hoping that I will eventually catch up and not be so surprised.

I have actually done a lot this year, but it still seems like I haven't.

At the beginning of 2019, I was back in the classroom teaching. I started a job in September teaching English (all 9th grade classes, all day!) at the biggest rival to my alma mater. Anyone who knows me knows where I was, and they will understand the degree of difficulty! The students were typical high school students...some good days, some bad days. The demographics were different than my previous school, by my love of  teaching and love for my students was the same!

In June (long story), but I ended up not being in the classroom any more. Like I said long story! Maybe I'll tell it one day.

In July, Tony, Chasity, and I went to Detroit, Michigan. Chasity had qualified for the Junior Gold National Tournament for bowling. We drove up there and on the way back, we took a detour through Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Seriously, what is a vacation without Pigeon Forge? Right?

Junior Gold Nationals 2019, Detroit, MI, Day 1
         
When we came home, I interviewed for a couple of jobs, but nothing came of that.

Now I am enjoying being a stay-at-home-mom, with my kiddo! This semester, all of her classes are online through the local community college. Next semester, she actually has to go on-campus 2 days a week. I'm sure it's going to be strange going back into the classroom after being out and working alone and online for 2.5 years, but I think she's looking forward to it.

We are getting things ready to apply for scholarships and colleges. She has 2-3 more schools to visit. We need to talk to the bowling coaches. We also need to get her NCAA stuff done, but I keep putting it off.

Just like my calendar flipping every month, I keep hoping time will slow down and I won't be getting ready for my daughter to graduate from high school in a year-and-a-half! May 2021! That's Crazy!

Time slow down.

For now, it's November already and I have to get ready for the Christmas parade next week (watching not in it this year), for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

2020 is almost here and I am not ready!

It's November already!  Time....slow..... down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

When All Is Said And Done