Strange Week

Monday was a day off school.  We celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. day.  (I posted about that here.)

Yesterday was a Teacher Workday.

Today the students are taking the final exam (last class) that they were supposed to have taken on Friday.  They get out for 1/2 the day.  As soon as I get my grades and stuff in the computer and get a couple more copies made, I am out for the day too.  (I might go have lunch with the Princess, if I can swing it!)

Tomorrow begins a new semester.  I get new students.  The students all get new classes, new teachers.  I work in a high school.  We have 4 classes first semester and 4 different ones second semester.  Luckily for me, I only have to tweak what I did first semester because I am teaching the same thing this semester. 

First semester, I only had 8 kids in my largest class.  This semester, my largest class will be 14.  That will be the biggest difference for me.  I have to learn all new names of almost 3X as many kids!  (I am getting old!  LOL  This is the hardest part for me!)

Friday is another "normal" day--whatever "normal" is. 

Saturday is our "Snow Day Make-up"!  We have to go for 1/2 day....everyone!  But... at least it's only 1/2 day!  It could be 7:15a-2:15pm (normal)!!!! 

Then Saturday, after work, I have a Relay for Life event!  I am scrapbooking until 9pm to support Relay for Life!  (I'll let you know how that goes!)

Comments

S.I.F. said…
I love that your class sizes are so small! When I was in school, we had at least 30 in each of our classes!
Leslie said…
Most of the classes at the school have larger amounts of students. Some have 30+ kids. However, I teach a specialty class. :) So I get to have fewer students because part of my class expects 1-on-1 time. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!