2018 Goals--January Update

On January 1, 2018, I made a list of things I want to do this year. They aren't resolutions... they are goals I have for things I want/plan to do.

You can check out my goal post here. 

I am hoping to do a monthly update about my goals. 

Goals Update---January

Ice skating, roller skating, horseback riding---haven't done those yet.  When I do them, I hope someone will get lots of pictures for me to share. 

There is a bowling tournament coming up in February...on my bday weekend. I'm hoping to get Tony to enter it with me. It's a mixed doubles tournament.

I'm still building my blog, so I haven't looked at affiliates yet.

I need to get my mile time better/more consistent, and I don't want to freeze at the 5K. So I haven't done it yet.

20 book goal.... I have read 1 (The Book Thief) and loved it.  I'm currently reading Life of Pi. I want to see both movies as well.

We are planning to go to Pigeon Forge in March. We are hoping to go March 15-19, but we aren't exactly sure what day we are leaving and coming back.... but we know we will be there THAT weekend. That's when the youth goes to Shabbach.

I need to find out who to contact and make contact with them about the Salisbury Symphony auditions. I did speak to one of the current members at The Nutcracker at Christmas. She said that auditions are in the fall.  (I need to get to practicing as well!!)

I have a book idea, but I haven't started working on it yet.  I need to get that on paper... or computer.

Every day, I have written something.  Not always a lot, but something.

I have started looking at different types of yoga. I hope to start trying that out in February.

I haven't decided what I'm going to enter into the Cabarrus County Fair this year.  I do have a little time since their slogan is that it's "Always in September".  I am thinking about a photograph or a scrapbooking layout....maybe both!

I want to learn piano or guitar.  I have access to both to practice. However, I may learn to sew with the Princess! 

2018 miles--- I am getting a lot of steps in with my new part time job, but my FitBit broke. I am hoping to get one soon....maybe as a bday present to myself! I know I'm walking a lot, but I don't know how much!

The Voice isn't going to be anywhere near me this year.  So, I'm going to have to do a video submission. I need to practice my songs and get someone to video me. It sounds simple enough,but I keep running out of time. :)

In order to build my travel business, I am going to have to learn more about it. I am going to have to learn the tools that are available to me.  Either that.... or I am going to have to find something that my heart is really in to be able to build it instead. (I'll keep you updated on that!)

As for the Krispy Kreme Challenge.... we are not going to get to do it this year.  With the Princess bowling, Tony working a lot of weekends, me now working a lot (most) weekends, we just can't get there for it.  We will, however, find something just as charitable and fun to do together as a family this year.


I think my goals are going well....especially since today is January 31 and I have some of them in the works already!

How are your 2018 goals coming along?  Leave a comment to share a goal and how you are progressing towards it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!